If you suffer from low back pain in Chelsea, Dr. Steven McMahon and Dr. Rosalie Login of McMahon Chiropractic can help you achieve the pain relief you desire.
What Causes Low Back Pain?
There are many things that can cause low back pain, and the necessary treatment depends specifically on the root cause. Some of the most common issues include the following:
- Strains and sprains
- Heavy lifting, especially when using improper lifting techniques
- Scoliosis and other structural issues
- Disc conditions
- Misalignment of the spine
- Posture issues
- Foot issues, which lead to improper support of the body
Chiropractic Treatments for Low Back Pain
Since 1998, Dr. McMahon has been providing chiropractic care to patients in New York. He and Dr. Login provide several treatments to help treat low back pain in New York, NY, including those below:
- Posture Analysis: A posture analysis helps to pinpoint and diagnose any deviations in the posture. It helps to determine the cause of injuries, weakness in the muscles, pain, discomfort, and more. Through a posture analysis, Dr. McMahon and Dr. Login can devise an effective treatment plan.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments are utilized to help correct any misalignment in the spine and joints. This helps by taking undue pressure off of muscles and nerves, relieving pain and inflammation, treating sciatica, and helping to slow the progression of conditions like scoliosis.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy typically includes a mix of both stretching and exercises to help relieve tension, reduce pain, strengthen weak muscles, and improve the overall health of the targeted area. It can also increase the back’s mobility and build a strong foundation for the spine.
- Customized Orthotics: When the structure or condition of the feet causes postural or other issues that lead to back pain, customized orthotics are recommended. This helps the foot to properly support the body, helping to keep the posture and the back in good health.
- Pregnancy Care: Back pain is a common symptom of pregnancy, which is why McMahon Chiropractic provides safe and effective care for pregnant women.
After a thorough exam, Dr. McMahon or Dr. Login will determine the best course of action and discuss treatment options with you. Call (212) 243-6384 to schedule an appointment for your low back pain at McMahon Chiropractic in New York, NY.